Mission (what we’re here to do)
Faith Community Church seeks to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the international community of Prague by transforming ourselves, each other, and the city for our good and God’s glory.
Vision (what we hope to see)
To be a reproducing church-plant that is focused on expanding the kingdom of Jesus Christ through intentional, relational outreach and personal discipleship.
Values (what’s important to us)
- Community – Christ has called us to live out our faith not just individually, but corporately. We do that in community with others, and not just on Sundays. ”Church” should be more than a building or a Sunday gathering – it should be a community of believers that live life together, seeking to glorify God together.
- Prayer – Our chief means of communicating with God is prayer. We believe that prayer is one vital way to help God’s will be done on earth, as opposed to our will being done in heaven! Faith Community was birthed out of many prayers over many years, and we hope that we will always be marked by turning first to God in prayer – for our needs and for His glory!
- Worship – Our worship services on Sundays are worship; our lives should be worship-ful as well. Our hope is that all of our earthly activity returns praise to God, and Sunday services are one of the ways we do that. We invite people to come and sing, pray, and give of themselves to God in worship.
- Primacy of Scripture – Our rule and guide in our Christian faith is God’s Word. We believe that God’s Word is perfect (inerrant) and complete (sufficient) to teach and train us. And we believe that it is Spirit-breathed (inspired), so that it is just as relevant today as it was when it was first written. We place importance on Scripture through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word on Sundays and our weekly Bible study groups.
- Relationships – God calls us to share our faith with others through relationships, so that we can echo Paul’s words in 1 Thessalonians 2: “We were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.” We are called to love people as Christ loves them, which is also how he loves us!
- Small groups – Our various small groups are centered around our core values as well, particularly community and Scripture. These groups are great ways for people in the church to develop intimacy with others, encourage and be encouraged, pray for each other, and hear from God’s Word together.
- Mercy – As God has had great mercy on us, His children, we are called to show mercy to others – both inside and outside the church. We do this through relationships with “mercy ministries” in the city that seek to meet the spiritual and tangible needs of others. And we do this by caring for each other and helping each other in our various needs.
- Transformation of the city – Missiological trends show that the thinking and philosophies of cities spread to the rural areas of entire countries. Thus we seek to build God’s Kingdom in the city of Prague, hoping that there will eventually be wider impact for the gospel.